Here at iV, we like to say that we live at the “intersection of sound and marketing.” We’re committed to helping brands and agencies communicate brand identities, increasing awareness and equity as they harness the power of sound. As audio branding professionals, we’re constantly working to improve the strategy, execution and measurement services we offer.
Our continual pursuit of knowledge on the subjects of audio and branding sparked an idea: what if we interviewed some of the best minds in the world of advertising, asking for their perspectives on the relationship of music and sound to brands and marketing?It’s not about the right sound or the right piece of music. It’s about the strategic question “What should my brand sound like?” – Amir Kassaei
To that end, Uli Reese, President of iV2, set off with a laptop and a digital recorder, traveling the world in pursuit of some of the top names in the business of advertising. Two years and dozens of interviews later, we’ve edited and compiled his conversations with these innovative thinkers.
While a book is in the works, we thought the content was far too relevant to keep under wraps any longer. We’ll be releasing portions of these interviews here on our blog. Since these posts will be part of an ongoing series, please make sure you’ve subscribed to the blog – or follow us on facebook and twitter.
We want to thank everyone who shared their insights and ideas so freely with us. There’s much to be learned in the sharing of your stories. So without further adieu, here’s our first installment in our “Great Minds On Music” series, featuring DDB Worldwide Chief Creative Officer, Amir Kassaei. Enjoy!
interact with us!
iV interactive is a forum designed to foster a conversation about the ways sound connects with us emotionally, intellectually and behaviorally - particularly within the context of audio branding.
Using interviews with global trendsetters, literature reviews of current research, posts on best practices and ongoing commentary, we hope to create a community where we can grow creatively.
Join in. Leave a comment. Send us an idea. Interact. We value your input!
- .@mossappeal: interesting 💡~ a targeting paradigm that matches behavioral and metadata with consumer personae & brand archetypes #rainsummit 40 minutes ago
- most effective advertising in radio isn't shouting your message - it's relating personally & emotionally with listeners #rainsummit 48 minutes ago
- podcasts break through in a world where situational listening rules: they require intentional listening & foster habit formation #rainsummit 1 hour ago
- everything old is new again: podcast advertising works the way "old school" branded programs worked: personal/engaging/emotional #rainsummit 1 hour ago
- the concept of "super additivity" across media platforms is something we'll touch on in our presentation as well...… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 hours ago
tagsadvertising AKQA alchemy all good fair-trade bananas amir kassaei anthony vagnoni art audio branding audio logos audio spotlight audio touch points BBDO best practices buger king chuck porter coca cola commercials community branding cp+b crispen porter bogusky crowd crowdsource ddb destination branding draftfcb droga5 dunkin donuts google maps 3D sound great minds on music grey interview iV James Hilton josh rabinowitz katz marketing solutions Ketchum leo burnett levi's listen local marketing mark tutssel marlboro McCann mcdonalds mdc partners measurable parameters music nick law oasis Ogilvy old navy r/ga radio recommended reading repellent radio research ROI science shazam sonic branding sonic logos sonic notify sound branding sounds of hamburg sourceEcreative strategy subservient chicken sudeep gohil sunchips t-mobile telekom Tom O'Keefe uli reese union hearing aid centre velocity